The artwork and content
Visual Appearance Explained
I apologize for having to add my logo and web address to every single image on this site. Unfortunately, I have been given no other choice as I have found numerous violations of out-right stealing of my images and copyright violations throughout the web.
It can be very frustrating to realize that all your hard work is just a click away for someone to copy and claim for their own, but that is the world we live in.
Please excuse the graphics applied to my images. I’m only adding them out of necessity and will try my best to make them as small and least obtrusive as possible.
I deeply appreciate your understanding!
Demos and Non-Profit Organizations
If you are a not-for-profit individual or organization performing a woodturning demonstration and you would like to share text, graphics, or photos from this site in your presentation, you may do so under the following conditions.
- Contact me in advance via email at
- Let me know what elements of this website you would like use.
- Obtain written permission via email from me before using any works.
- www.TurnAWoodBowl.com needs to be displayed legibly and prominently during your presentation or in print concluding any text reproduction. Logos and web address may NOT be removed from images.
- For a live presentation, an announcement needs to be made that artwork and/or content in the presentation has been used by approval from TurnAWoodBowl.com.
- An active hyperlink to www.TurnAWoodBowl.com needs to be made available in all email communications and website locations that feature any elements that are approved for use.
Permission may be granted for each specific use and is limited to each specified event or occurrence. Use of any approved materials must cease after the event, presentation, or specified time span.
Commercial Artwork Usage
If you would like to use any text, graphics, photographs, or any components from this website for commercial use, contact me at
Artwork may be licensed for use based on your needs, however any use of elements from this site without prior written consent will be deemed as unauthorized use.
I will be happy to work with you to provide text, artwork, or photographs to meet your needs and provide a written estimate and contract details for the usage terms of the elements you request.
Example of Usage Violation
The Oregon Woodturning Symposium organizers or venders, without consent or approval, downloaded this bowl gouge graphic from the detailed article on this site about bowl gouges vs. spindle gouges.
The bowl gouge image above was manipulated to create the number 3 on the cover of the 2019 Oregon Woodturning Symposium guide. This cover design is derived from the above artwork owned by this website and is an actionable violation of the copyright laws.
As a fellow woodturner, who happened to be at this symposium, this issue has now been resolved amicably. Please contact me prior to any use of artwork or content to avoid this type of situation. Thank you.